A Night in Fantasia 2007

Archived news can be found here. (Read-only)
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

This is only for those people that lives in Australia or going to visit there soon.
A Night in Fantasia 2007 is concert with with orchestral music of videogames. It will take place in Sydney on the 20th and 21st of April at 7:30pm at the Sydney Town Hall, and in Melbourne on April 27th at 7:30pm at Hamer Hall.
Now how can this be related to Seiken Densetsu? One of the piece of music is the answer. They will play a track Legend of Mana, and that is the Title Theme.

A Night in Fantasia 2007: Symphonic Games Edition Set List
First Half
* Final Fantasy XII - Opening Theme (composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto)
* Deltora Quest - Deltora Main Title (composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto)
* Romeo x Juliet - Hisyou (composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto)
* Legend of Mana - Title Theme (composed by Yoko Shimomura)
* Xenosaga Episode I - Gnosis (composed by Yasunori Mitsuda)
* Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Main Theme from Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 (composed by Harry Gregson-Williams)
* Super Mario Bros. - Super Mario Bros. theme (composed by Koji Kondo)
* Tekken: Dark Resurrection - Sunrise (composed by Go Shiina)
* Kyou kara Mao - Hero (composed by Go Shiina)
* Final Fantasy VII - Ternai-Divinity I (composed by Nobuo Uematsu)

Second half
* Shadow of the Colossus - Revived Power-Battle With the Colossus (composed by Koh Ohtani)
* Shadow of the Colossus - Swift Horse (composed by Koh Ohtani)
* Shadow of the Colossus - Counterattack-Battle With the Colossus (composed by Koh Ohtani)
* World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade - Title Theme
* Tales of Legendia - Requiem (composed by Go Shiina)
* SoulCalibur III - Path of Destiny (composed by Junichi Nakatsuru)
* Tales of Legendia - The Prayers Become Power (composed by Go Shiina)
* Odine Sphere - Odine Sphere (composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto)
* Tales of Legendia - To Deliver the Feelings (composed by Go Shiina)
* Xenosaga Episode I - Zarathustra (composed by Yasunori Mitsuda)
* Xenosaga Episode I - World to be Born (composed by Yasunori Mitsuda)
* The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Orchestra Piece (composed by Michiru Ooshima)
* Kingdom Hearts II - Fantasia Alla Marcle for Piano, Chorus and Orchestra (composed by Yoko Shimomura)
Danny

Post by Danny »

I wish I could go, but I don't live there nor am I visiting, although I wish. I wonder, do they also have music from ToP (Tales of Fantasia). This may sound strange, but I saw a concert that did that was also called Fantasia once, so I was just wondering about it.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Here is the poster of the concert

I believe they named this concert group to 'A Night to Fantasia' not because of Tales of Phantasia.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

My guess is it would be more related to the musical style Fantasia, being a symphonic arrangement, and also to the fact that the songs are taken from games (taking place in a fantasy world).

There's been a few concerts of this type out in Oz, but as to whether any of them had music from ToP, I'm afraid I can't recall, sorry.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

I did a fast research and found out that the group isnt called 'A Night in Fantasia'. The concert itself is called that, the group performing this concert is called 'Eminence Symphony Orchestra'.
They first started in 2003 with 'A Night in Fantasia' and have since then performed concerts with various games and anime music. Their latest concert is 'A Night in Fantasia 2007: Symphonic Games Edition' and 'A Night in Fantasia 2007: Symphonic Anime Edition'
Danny

Post by Danny »

Ah, I see now. Too many bands, companies, etc. use the name fantasia so it gets kind of confusing sometimes. :|
Last edited by Danny on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.