Two Worlds

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

It's an idea for a game I got a few days ago. Hopefully some game company will pick it up and pay me lots of money

The story takes place in our world Earth, around 1400, and is about two persons who are unknown to each other. They live in different places, one in the western world and the other in the eastern world. Both of them are a knight respective a samurai and serve their lords well.

One day a disaster comes to the both places. A disaster that changes everything. (I havent thought of what disaster yet). The two warriors have their own story and fights the way to the source of the disaster. What they dont know is that it's same villain they are fighting against, still unaware each others existence.

So the warrior of the west travels to the east and fights while the samurai of the east travels to the west and fight. They gain new skills, new weapons and grow stronger.

At the near end they finally meet each other. They see each other and think that the one they see is the one thats the cause of the disaster. So instead of any chit chat talk they start fight each other. After an intense fight and lots wounds later, they both are half beat up and can barely stand up, then the true villain appears and laugh evil. And reveals to the two warriors that they are not each others enemy. He also told them that he let them meet each other first so they fight to the dead and that he finally can take over the world when the worlds two greatest warrior are soon dead.

The two warriors got angry and used their last strenght to team up to beat the last boss. After super intense fight, they win or lose.
Two endings :D
Tallon
Kimono Bird

Post by Tallon »

really cool idea, but one thing. Why would the villian come out? If his plan was to let them fight to the death so he could take over the world, then why come out? Maybe the plan should be: let them get seriously wounded so he can finish them off.
Koren
Tomato Man

Post by Koren »

Hm...technical & plot question here: what style of game are you aiming the plot towards? It sounds like a decent premise for a beat 'em up, run-through action game (1 player vs lots of computer generated enemies as they go after choosing East or West or alternating in between stages), but for a fighting game or any sort of rpg sub-category, it'd need a little bit more detailing.
Last edited by Koren on Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

The genre would be an action game with some RPG elements. You level up your character and gain new abilities. It would be somewhat God of War.

When you start the game you can choose which character to use, when you are near end the story of this character ends. He opens the "final" door and the game ends there. You then start with the other character and play through with him/her. Then when you open the "final" door a with that character a surprise will come. The both warriors see each other.
They talk and blame each other for some reason that the disaster is caused by them. Dunno how and why they blame each, maybe during the gameplay they will hear anything about the other warrior. But what they hear are not very detailed, very vague

I think the story is original, but it probably needs to have a better story. The one I have now is only the basic
Koren
Tomato Man

Post by Koren »

That's a pretty good premise for that kind of game, though rather than a "better" story, more like just fleshing out what you have. :) The basic idea in and of itself has a good deal of potential in that kind of format- it's just a matter of figuring out what parts to play up. An action game tends to go light on story detail so an overly intricate one would be a draw back rather than a bonus in that set up.

Puts me in mind a bit of how some of the Soul Calibur III "story" bits run in their content. Just enough to keep it interesting, but not so much you're going "alright, alright- can we get back to the fighting now?".

If I get annoying about my comments on this by the by, just tell me to shush. ^-^; It's a habit I'm trying to break.
Last edited by Koren on Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Koren wrote:That's a pretty good premise for that kind of game, though rather than a "better" story, more like just fleshing out what you have. :) The basic idea in and of itself has a good deal of potential in that kind of format- it's just a matter of figuring out what parts to play up. An action game tends to go light on story detail so an overly intricate one would be a draw back rather than a bonus in that set up.

Puts me in mind a bit of how some of the Soul Calibur III "story" bits run in their content. Just enough to keep it interesting, but not so much you're going "alright, alright- can we get back to the fighting now?".

If I get annoying about my comments on this by the by, just tell me to shush. ^-^; It's a habit I'm trying to break.
It is a good premise, if a little familiar - if you've played Sonic Rush, the general concept of it was the same (though instead of East and West you had two different worlds crossing over into each other, and one villain from each working with the other against both heroes).

It's the style of gameplay and the story you're talking about that sounds more unique/serious to me, really, since Sonic Rush was geared more towards kids and was a platformer.

As for Soul Calibur III, I generally refrain from commenting on games that take the combo styles of characters I'm used to (Kilik and Xiang-... uhh, forgot how to spell her name) and throw them out the window. *AHEM* -__
But then, I always feel a little annoyed when cutscenes take you out of the action, too. If they're going to make cutscenes into minigames, they might as well make the minigame a platformer or an action-puzzle game, and not a reflexes, "are you paying attention;no?;haha-you-lose" twitch game.
Koren
Tomato Man

Post by Koren »

I'd never played that one. ^_^; I've heard of similar premises but given how much I read and game (and for how long), everything kinda sounds like something else.

Hehe- I just brought SC III up to note how they toss bits of story but don't do long scenes where you want to just get on with the action. I've seen some games in the past that were action but had LONG stretches of story between that kinda..ruined the game. *broke up the feel of the game play*
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Deques, do you make up game ideas often?

Seems to me like you would have fit in perfect with Tallon, Varius and I back in highschool. We'd sit around and think up game ideas all the time.

I've got the means of making some of my ideas come to life, but man. I'm flippin' lazy when it comes to this stuff.

The idea sounds pretty cool, it is a bit blank at the moment, but like you said, it is just the base behind it. I like the idea of them hearing about some other warrior on the other side of the world (which is the other player) and they piece it together in their mind that that must be the villain, then they go beat up each other.
Still needs an idea why the villain would reveal himself though.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

Umm... *coughIhaveonebutI'mnotsureIwanttosayitcough*...

Needless to say hugely powered-up warriors fighting each other would cause some destruction, of say... powerlines and whatnot...
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

I get ideas from time to tme, not always. Ever since I played Secret of Mana I have always wanted to create a game of my own.

Maybe there shouldn't a main villain in the game. Maybe the villain is an alien from outer space. The possibilities are unlimited.

I have already have an idea if there ever should be a sequel to the game. But the gameplay would be more of an rpg, not action.
The sequel is a story about the two warriors' background. It will take place, let's say, 100 years before the first story.
A man from the east meets a woman from the west. Both of them are well known warriors in their continent. Their respective weapons are swords that are crafted by the greatest smitheres.
These two warriors fight together against an evil plot. Something I dont know yet.
During their adventure they fall in love with each other and get two children. The story ends with that these two die in their last fight against the evil boss. Their children are taken of by their friends, but are split apart each other. One to the west, the other to the east.
The children got their parents swords with them.

These two children are the ancestors of the first story's warriors. Their weapons that they are using in the first are those swords. Meaning it's their great-greatgrandparents weapons.

And they both are related to each other.
The evil man from the second story could be the same villain in the first story.
Koren
Tomato Man

Post by Koren »

From personal experience: I recommend getting everything about the first game down pat before you try any serious thought to the second. ;) You'd be amazed how much changing what seems a minor detail in the first can impact the sequel, even if it's of the prequel variety.

If y'don't mind a little more advice, semi parroted from Lumi: The villain is not a plot device. S/he is a character in their own right and should be approached accordingly to keep balance and depth in the story. The plot device is his/her scheme and reasons for what s/he's doing, not him/her directly.
Last edited by Koren on Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Yeah, I know I should focus on the first plot than the second. But I am always thinking a backstory for a every story I make up.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

oh no! The name "Two Worlds" is already taken by some other game >.<

dangit

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/815/815215.html
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Heh,

Yeah, but your story sounds cooler. Much, much cooler.

Peace,

manaman