Dragonlance Movie

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Koren
Tomato Man

Post by Koren »

Not sure if there's any Dragonlance fans hiding here- just felt like posting something about this since I haven't really seen any talk about it anywhere. O.o; For such a long awaited thing, it's hardly being advertised...

The movie which deals with the events of the first Chronicle, Dragons of Autumn Twilight, is set to be released later this year (autumn likely...how fitting.). It's a full length animated release- with the art designs apparently being heavily based on the original art used for the book covers if the early-concept designs are anything to go by.

The cast has some well known names -gotta be for someone as 'blah' about actors as me to know 'em- though I'm kind of hesitant about looking forward to Keifer Sutherland as Raistlin. I hope for his sake he can pull it off cuz otherwise there's going to be a headhunt like no other for him.

Raistlin fanatics are very frightening people. Much like the character they adore. Go figure.

If anyone else is curious, here's the site.:) Has some early concept sketches, backgrounds and cast info on it.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I wouldn't call myself a fan but I've read a few comics here and there and a friend of mine has a couple of the novels (That I would like to read). The comics were very interesting to me and I'm sure the movie will be too.
Tallon
Kimono Bird

Post by Tallon »

I've read the Autumn, Winter, and Spring triology. I loved the series! It was really well done. However, I didn't know they were making a movie about it. I don't think I like the idea of it being animated though. I definately don't like the idea of Kiefer Sutherland playing Raistlin. I always imagined his voice as an old man, since his character is very feeble physically. I personally think Anthony Hopkins' Hannable voice would be better. It's got that crazed, demented genius quality to it.
Koren
Tomato Man

Post by Koren »

Enslaven00bs: I never did read the comics...^^; I was afraid they'd ruin the story by what they'd pretty much have to chop out due to the size constraints.

--

Tallon: I'm personally just not sure about the actor period. I always pictured Raistlin as having a soft, weak voice- not old, per se but a higher and not exactly carrying tone.
I'm rather glad it's being animated as well- alot of people have set-images in mind of what the characters look like from years and years of book art..^_^; Trying to make actors match that would be just plain cruel-and extremely hard to do in the case of ones like Tasselhoff and Flint.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

to me the animation looks like the comics so I don't have a problem with it.
The J Person
Grave Bat

Post by The J Person »

I only ever read two of the books, and that was when I was in grade school. Needless to say, if I don't have a book in my library, I forget its content; if the book is in my library, I can quote at least enough words to make a chapter (even if they don't all belong to the same sentences, paragraphs, or the same part of the timeline ^-^; ).

I don't remember enough of it to be able to tell if they were any good (by my standards), but I know plenty of people do like them, at least...
Koren
Tomato Man

Post by Koren »

Enslaven00bs: That has me curious to check out the comics now. ^.^ wonder if there's an omnibus version in print anywhere....

----

The J Person: Well it's a series of books based off of some actual tabletop RPing the writers and their friends did- so there's definitely a lot of imagination at work with them. Lots of silly stuff as well that might've otherwise not appeared in an otherwise dead serious story. Without Tasselhoff, I swear those books would have been far too dark.

Hopefully the movie'll do well so they'll make the rest. ^.^
Last edited by Koren on Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.