Favorite Diner

A place where you can chat about whatever.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

BlueGenomes
Tomato Man

Post by BlueGenomes »

It's unfortunate, but we can't make polls here (yet..?)

Well anyways, this would be a poll question, so go along as well as you could I suppose :P

What's your favorite Diner-type restuarant, and why? Any interesting stories? Or reasons you go to them (Ex- get drunk really late, then go to Dennys to recover any hunger with a few friends at 2 AM).

Here's a list of some-

Perkins
Sharis
Dennys
Ihop
Waffle House
Bob Evans
Village Inn
Shoneys
Others that I can't think of, because a lot of these restuarants are regional...

Anyways, my all-time favorite would be Perkins. I know that with most places, one doesn't really notice a differance in what seems to be the same food over and over, but I've found that most of these restaurants serve up some pretty disgusting omlettes (Mainly Ihop), and omlettes are my favorite food. Well, Perkins pretty much has the best in my opinion, and I love their breakfast potatos, as well as their pancakes more than anything else. Personal favorite- Heartland Omlette.

The Perkins me and my friends always go to have a great night-staff, and it's just a generally nice place to go to at 1:30 AM, or whatever the time might be. Sometimes there are some interesting folks in there.

Funny story-
---
I remember this one Denny's a friend and I went to last year, And there was a lady sitting in the both next to us, and she had her daughter (I'm guessing it was her daughter) with her. The lady was pretty much insane, and she was scaring the server quite a bit.

This lady sitting next to us was Obsessive Compulsive I think...the waiter was trying to take her order, and she kept going over all of the appitizers, asking if they were entrees...it was funny how she was saying 'entrees' too, she was putting this huge strength onto the vowels, and it just sounded really weird...And the fact that she wouldn't stop.... So the waiter was telling her she could have them, but they probably wouldn't fill her up too well. So then she started asking about the salads being eNtReEs, and he said they were a little more filling, but they had no cherry tomatos and if she's be alright without them.
And then....
*SLAM*
She slammed her hand on the table really hard, and the whole restaurant went quiet for about 30 seconds or so, and she was just staring at the waiter staring back at her, with her hand still flat on the table.
He finally said he would just come back with their waters in a sec, giving them time to relook at what they wanted.
When he got back, she kept asking him what sorts of low fat dressings he had for the salads, and I guess she got a salad. After they ordered, she said something like...
"I'm going to the rest room now to wash up. Please keep in mind that I am not leaving, so I would ask that you do not clean up the table as if I did. I am just going to the rest room, I'll leave my glasses here on the table as a reminder to you..."

Jay (my friend) and I just kept staring at eachother not knowing what to say, but this lady was really a crazy one...
The funny thing, I had to use the restroom too, so I went...but when I walked out, she walked out of the ladies room with her daughter, and we were walking down the hall together...She was saying to her spawn-
"We did it differantly this time, but next time shall be the same. Remember, this time was differant, but the next time will return to normal"

It pretty much got to the point that we had eaten but were just sitting around, so I told him we'd be better off leaving before she shoots the place down :P
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

There is this little Mexican restaurant in San Antonio (a big city near my town) that I really like, it's pretty small and off in the middle of nowhere and it's always empty for some reason even though it's really good. My family has gone there forever (like since before I was born) and this one waitress has worked there that same amount of time, and she remembers us and gives us candy sometimes.
There is also this bowling alley/cafe in my little town that everyone in town has to go to at least once or they don't belong or something. It's pretty good, been here forever.
I don't really like eating out though.
Delvar
Crawler

Post by Delvar »

My favorite place to eat out would have to be Cellar 47. it's a fancy little Italian resturant that has excellent gourmet pizza and ABSOLUTELY YUM Peppermint Cheesecake. Like Mmm.

Also like cafes. All the little yummy cakes and slices along with your cappucino ;)