Old Japanese SoM ad

Discuss the Seiken Densetsu Series here.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Just found this on youtube.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cfv4DuDZhrU& ... 20densetsu

It's an old japanese ad for SoM when it was being released, showing a Square News cast with a plushie Flammie doing the casting. Rather amusing. However, more amusing were certain details in the gameplay footage. By the looks of it, they took footage not from the actual end-game, but the engine in demo mode or something. Either that or they're some hidden way of fighting against Mantis Ant with all three characters after you've gained Salamando's powers and reached rather impressive levels by just defeating the rabites between the waterfall and Potos. ;D

There's also glitches in the Tropicallo battle, but anyway, I won't blabble on anymore. Enjoy nostalgia trip.

*mumble mumble* And rabites with legs... Level up, me hearties, yoho!
YOHO! YOHO! A SEIKEN'S LIFE FOR ME!
Duran
Spikey Tiger

Post by Duran »

You've been watching too much pirates... うはwwwwww
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Duran wrote:You've been watching too much pirates... うはwwwwww
I am inclined to agree to your statement. ;)
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

It is pretty easy to fight the Mantis Ant with all of the characters and magic, it is a part of the "cheat" to get the Mana Sword.

That Tropicallo battle I've got no idea about though, I wonder if you follow the Mana Sword cheat if you could get it to work with any boss? Hmm...
But the battle didn't have any stalagmites though... that one is definitely from a test or something, the Mantis Ant part can be duplicated easily.

Awesome find Kassidy! That was great!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Ah, I think I know the one you mean, though I've never personally tried it myself. I had another little find, which was a list of easter eggs and stuff that was left out of the game (like a curing item that's not used, a sprite-set for a possible 4th character, and the usual Solar rumour), a french site. I'll have to try and find that again.

Ah, here we go...
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... _qdr%3Dall

Er, with the Google translation patch applied, hehe. I can't remember if we posted this link on here previously or not, so my apologies in advance if I'm repeating. Been a long day...
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey, that's a pretty cool site.
Too bad the Google Translator gave up halfway through the page on me.
Interesting stuff, I've heard most of this but there is some stuff here that is new to me.

Keep up the awesome finds!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Yeah, the fourth character thing I heard of years ago, and that it was one of the developers or something, but I hadn't seen the sprite rip. But there were a couple there I hadn't seen, like the face in the mountain, I only remember seeing the one in the ocean. The other thing I didn't know was about them wanting to develope it for Satella View.

There are a couple of interesting ones on their SD3 site: http://www.squarepalace.com/dossiers/se ... ecrets.php

Most are known, but the Debug Mode, for example, could be a good one to try.