2007 Upcoming Albums

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

This year sees for me at least some of my long-term favourite bands releasing new albums round summertime, so I thought I'd see if anyone else is awaiting their bands to release new stuff and maybe check it out too while I'm at it.

HIM release Venus Doom July 10th
Marilyn Manson releases Eat Me, Drink Me June 4th (single coming out this month)
Offspring release [no title yet] probably in September
Smashing Pumpkins release Zeitgeist July 7th
White Stripes release Icky Thump June 19th

And apparently Queen and Paul Rodgers have been in the studio, but sod knows what will come of that.

And Nightwish will be releasing a new single 30th May called Eva and with it announce who their new singer is (at bloody last).
Koren
Tomato Man

Post by Koren »

Nightwish has finally picked a new vocalist? I really hope they can fill Tarja's shoes- it's going to feel pretty strange hearing them perform without her.

Wonder if they have any samples up on their website...
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

There's a few studio videos, but no vocal samples as yet. They're keeping it very under wraps.

As good as Tarja's vocals were, her attitude toward the end made her dismissal understandable. Her stage-presence never sat well with me either.
Koren
Tomato Man

Post by Koren »

Hn...that's annoying. *sigh* I'd like to hear the new singer before I go trying to buy the CD. ^^; I don't mind supporting bands I like but kinda like to know I'm GOING to like what I'm buying...

True. They were starting to clash a lot on several levels. I admittedly only saw one 'live' performance (a concert DVD I picked up while visiting Sweden)- but I can agree with you on her stage presence. A little too (funny as this is to say about a goth-rock band) over dramatic.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Well the singe "Eva" is going to be download only, though I don't know if they'll be charging for it or not. Also when that hits the interwebs, chances are a video will too.

Oh, and to add to the list.
John5 released Devil Knows My Name April 3rd
Shall have to get that, definitely.
Destiny
Steamed Crab

Post by Destiny »

The only album I am really anticipating at the moment is Emilie Autumn's Laced/Unlaced. Which just came out a week or so ago. :) But I can't afford to buy it at the moment. Ehehe. *awaits her student loan installment eagerly*

I wish Imogen Heap would release a new one. *mutters*

I'm quite looking forward to hearing the new Nightwish.
The new voice might renew my interest in them :) I found it all got a bit samey after a while.
Koren
Tomato Man

Post by Koren »

Download only eh? Hm...well hopefully not too pricey if they do. Though with it being a new singer- they'd be nuts to try to ask for much.

I kind of liked the 'constant themes' running through the songs- was a bit of a game to match a newer song up to the older one it was drawing from. Granted some of their other stuff did get a little old though...Really didn't care too much for some of the stuff on their last album. :(
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey guys I hear the Heroes of Mana Soundtrackis coming out soon.

:P

That's about all I know about music, hahaha.

My iPod has about 90% Seiken Densetsu music or Seiken Densetsu remixes.

The rest of that is some random stuff and some of Destiny's music.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I also have some music from the mana series, but mostly from SoM and SD3. As for SwoM, I just lisen to it on my console when I play it. I've heard about some of these bands that Kassidy's talking about on the radio. I don't know much about them, but once again my older sister would.
Koren
Tomato Man

Post by Koren »

Speaking of wishing for new CDs....I wish Kamelot would put out another album. Epica and Black Halo were quite nice but I can sing the whole of them without even thinking about it anymore...^^; something new'd be nice.

Danny: They're pretty much all varying types of metal. ^.^
Last edited by Koren on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destiny
Steamed Crab

Post by Destiny »

My iPod has about 90% Seiken Densetsu music or Seiken Densetsu remixes.

The rest of that is some random stuff and some of Destiny's music.
*feels all special and fuzzly* ^_^
Danny

Post by Danny »

Koren wrote:Danny: They're pretty much all varying types of metal. ^.^
Hm, I see. I'm more into techno, but I do like and lisen to a few metal bands. A Romanian one called Avatar and a few Swedish and Norwegian ones (well my sister does, but I like hearing them).:-)
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Ah, yes, a new Kamelot or Epica would be good, though seeing as I'm still catching up on their old stuff, I have material to keep me entertained for some time.

The other thing I can only wish for long term is a reunion of Guano Apes and a new album from them, but I doubt that will happen. They disbanded back in... 2005, I think. I never got to see them live either. :( Still, I have just discovered they've released some of their pre-release recording demos, so I'll have to get my mits on those soon.

Destiny: Your version of Where Angels Feat to Tread is on my mobile as a ringtone (well, a shortened version of it at least). Yer good. ;)
Koren
Tomato Man

Post by Koren »

Kassidy wrote:Ah, yes, a new Kamelot or Epica would be good, though seeing as I'm still catching up on their old stuff, I have material to keep me entertained for some time.
Kamelot wise..I personally don't recommend anything before their Karma Album. ^^; Some of my friends like some of the stuff before then but I shy away...and we won't even talk about pre-Khan Kamelot. I ignored advice and listened to some once. I think my ears stopped bleeding a few days later.

Destiny: You do remixes/spin offs the Mana themes?
Destiny
Steamed Crab

Post by Destiny »

Destiny: You do remixes/spin offs the Mana themes?
Well, I used to :)
I did a few arrangements several years back. Not just of the Mana themes, but video game music in general. I intend to get back into it one day. When I have time (that must be one of my most-used phrases...!).