2007 Upcoming Albums

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

I don't have any upcomming releases that I'm looking forward to at the moment... though i've been out of the loops for an extremely long-time...
I've mostly been addicted to listening to the indie bands and acoustic bands on PureVolume.com and a few local bands as well.

But what I can't wait for is to use there Roger Waters (Yes, one of the original band members from Pink Floyd) on June 4th... Cost me an arm and a leg ($250 for two tickets), but hopefully I can get a semi-good spot.
BlueGenomes
Tomato Man

Post by BlueGenomes »

Modest Mouse's "We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank" came out March 20th, which was a day before my birthday, and made for an awsome presant :P I ordered it online, and it came with a vynal that has a really good unreleased track on it. The album itself (Minus one song) I think is spectacular, especially with Johny Marr (from the Smiths, another band I really like that was around in the 80's) doing lots of guitar work on it. I bought tickets to see them live next week in Minneapolis...:D

Another one I'm looking forward to is Mars Volta's new album, supposed to be coming out at the end of this summer.

Plus some other local bands around the nation that aren't that well known, but I still like, are also coming out with albums this year.

Good year in music I say :)
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I'll have to check Modest Mouse out, by the sounds of it.

Also I forgot off my list Nine Inch Nails released Year Zero recently. Could be interesting, a lot of people have told me to prepare to be disappointed though.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Say Destiny, aren't you supposed to be releasing an album soon? :-P
Or like, years ago? :-P
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Kassidy wrote:I'll have to check Modest Mouse out, by the sounds of it.

Also I forgot off my list Nine Inch Nails released Year Zero recently. Could be interesting, a lot of people have told me to prepare to be disappointed though.
He did release it?
Hmph, I've only got the *coughleakedcough* release.. yet to listen to it though...
But I'm not surprised with the heed of advice, He seems to have been going in a downward-spiral (punz!) since The Fragile...

On another note, I've just obtained Do Make Say Think's new album, and I'm loving it minus one song....

I've also been listening to more and more of Apocalyptica... Who knew that Chellos could be soooooo metal?
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Well, it certainly sounds different, that's for sure. Very mellow. There's one track on the CD that reminds me of Metroid (The Great Destroyer) due to some of the effects he's used as ambience. Overall there wasn't a track that particularily stood out as being "wow, bam, amazing!" and it all just flew by my ears really.

And yes, Apocalyptica are brilliance. Some of their older stuff I'm not too keen on, but their later non-cover material is excellent. And they've had guest vocals from some of my preffered vocalists (Ville Valo, Sandra Nasic) too!
Destiny
Steamed Crab

Post by Destiny »

Ohmygoodness.
Just got the new album by Tori Amos, 'American Doll Posse'

now this is MUSIC. :) I love Tori.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Sweet--I'll have to check it out. I really do like Tori, too. She's "weird-cool."
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

BLAHRG!
MY CONCERT WAS RESCHEDULED FOR A FLIPPIN' HOCKEY GAME!
THE MADDNESS!
/frustration, anger, and loath-some for hockey.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey everybody I hear that this awesome new album just dropped and is available here!

http://www.faefly-records.co.uk/news.htm

Hooray Destiny's music!