Gogogogogogogogogo

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Ok Danny, tell us the story behind this screenshot you sent me, because I have NEVER seen this and it scares me so much. XD

I guess this takes place at the beginning since you are alone?

Also, are you playing the normal ROM or the one where the fans redid the storyline?

This is bizzare.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I'm gonna have to go and check this out now. By the looks of it it's using the original ROM, since I don't think that's the variable width font. Is it in Pandora? I don't recognize the house.

Damn, I'm gonna have to go and crack out the console now.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Right, mystery solved, I got it too.

Steps:
-Start New Game
-Do Mantis, get banished, visit Luka, go to Pandora Castle.
-Get pushed out of the way by Purim.
-Go talk to Elman in back room.
-Talk to King. Elman will no longer be in the back room.
-Go to Pandora town, and enter the house that is to the right of the Inn.
-Go up the stairs in the right side of the house.
-Purim will be standing there, blocking the way. Talk to her and she says something like "I'm going to find Dyluck by myself" and vanishes. You can now talk to Elman and he will say "gogogoogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo..."
-If you go back downstairs now, Purim will be blocking the doorway, and will say something like "my father and the King sent Dyluck to the witch's castle in the forest".

Excellent find, Danny! How on earth did you stumble upon it?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

What the heck, that is really weird!

I wonder what the heck the "Gogogo...." is supposed to mean...

Maybe Ted Woosley got lazy or wanted to have some fun with us?
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Dunno, if I had the japanese version handy I'd check it out and see what it said originally.

The plot thickens...
Danny

Post by Danny »

Kassidy wrote:Excellent find, Danny! How on earth did you stumble upon it?
Well, I just wondering around Pandora when the girl ran off. I was checking for chests around the place and I saw Elman. After talking to him, he said some strange things that I've never seen before. I sent it to Sheexy, but it seems that he never saw this either. Thanks for posting my strange find Sheexy.

Kassidy got the story right though. This never happened to me before, strange. I don't think that my rom's corrupted, nor do I think that the original Japanese version had this. I tryed searching for it, but it wasen't on the web either. What a strange turn of events this was! It must have been some wrong fan translation error that occured.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

It's not in the Japanese version, I just checked. I'm transcripting it now.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Right, I've reproduced it on the Japanese version of the game, and tried to interpret the hiragana and the little kanji used (I can really only just about read katakana, hiragana does my head in badly).

Purim upstairs: mouiya! dyluck sagashini ikuyo! tasukedasu made tou?n modorimasen karane!
Elman: ....
Purim downstairs: para ga king sama ninemawashishi te dyluck ? attack no tokoro ni okutsutanone! hidoitsu!

Which means something like.
Damnit. Dyluck find I go. Help out of trouble, until won't turn back
papa and king ???? dyluck attack place. Awful!

Meh, I'm too tired. But the fact is that gogogogogogo is a TWS, or Ted Woosley Special. Al Elman says in the Japanese original is "...."

Also interesting, Elliot was originally called Bobu (aka Bob), and Timothy was Nesu (er... Ness?).

It appears that SD2 would actually be a relatively good game to learn to read with, since the kanji is very basic and it mainly uses hiragana. Even for terms like the nobleman Elman is in discussion with it uses the hiragana きぞくfor kizoku instead of the kanji 貴族 .
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Ted Woosley got us.

Great job looking into this Kass!
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

It does make me realize just how much I need to brush up on my Japanese reading. Even if I could improve to the point that I can romanicize it quickly it would be a plus. I mean, heck, I was able to learn runes, you'd think I'd be able to get the hang of this...
Danny

Post by Danny »

I've also got to re-study some of my Japanese. I'm still pretty bad when it comes to Kanji. I can only read Katakana and Hiragana and not well either! I can talk better in Japanese though.

Thanks for looking over this SoM thing Kassidy, I was a little confused for a moment their. I can't say that I'm not now either, but a little less confused.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Y'all need to study Japanese? I've got a month before I'm gonna be living with a family that doesn't know English.
Oi, I'd better study up. XD

I'm secretly hoping that if my host family has kids they are like, super Seiken Densetsu fans.
Oh how sweet it could be...

I know Ted Woosley has done interviews with fans before... maybe we could get to him and ask him about this...

An old Mana site called Matango (It should still be up on Geocities somewhere) had an interview with the guy.
Whc91us
Eye Spy

Post by Whc91us »

dude i wonder if its in the original game and not just on the ROM....
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hey,

So now I'm wondering what the variable width version says when you fulfill these parameters. Anyone care to investigate? I might if I have time this Wednesday, but that would be the soonest I could do it.

Peace,

manaman
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

VWF displays no change to the original. It also says gogogogogogoog, but on one line.