Fan Music

Help out with the site! Suggestions and ideas go here.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey all you cool cats and dogs and stuff, wanna help Seikens?

Dekky is busy with tweaking the layout and getting our news system upgraded.
I'm busy with the Bestiary, random updates and going to Japan soon.
Kassidy is doing WAY too much work already. (He's probably going to want to do this job too, but don't let him! Sacrifice yourself to save him!)

So we need you to help us out!

Over at places like OCRemix they have a ton of awesome Mana musics and stuff, and I want to get a Fan Music page setup on Seikens.

We need people to e-mail the creators of this music for permission to have them on our site.

Anyone want to help out?
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

I'd be glad too. The E-Mailing...I may be able to help with. But since I'm not really...a founding member, I really can't say I'm the best choice. I can recommend songs though.

I also think its fine, as long as we link to the OC Remix Page, for the official stuff. giving credit and all that jazz.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I have tons of SoM and SD3 music that I would be happy to mail to you Sheexy. I would love to share them with the seikens, but what do you mean by mailing the creators? Do we have to and how? Can't I just email them to you and you could post them and do whatever else is necessary?

We should just post them and give credit to the creators and the people that emailed them sort of like what Anon said. We'll be happy to help, just give us some more info and a reply.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Anyone can help here. :D

If you e-mail the people who made the music just say something like:

"I'm e-mailing you on behalf of www.seikens.com, they are currently working putting together a section for Seiken Densetsu remixes and we are trying to gather up blah blah blah..."

Thanks for showing interest in helping man!
Danny

Post by Danny »

How do I know the email addresses of the people that made or re-mixed these songs? I just got them off their sites, but that was a long time ago. As far as I can remeber, they didn't have a contact page or an email addresses. I'll try my best, but I think that I'll only be able to email them to you.

I've seen some sites with this music that didn't have the creators permisson and no one cared about it, but I guess you know your stuff. We'll stay 100% legal and do it this way then.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Crud, you are right Danny. You can't contact most of these people.

Dang, I don't know what to do now.

Any ideas anyone?
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

We could E-Mail the OC Remix staff, and ask about it. We may be able to get their E-Mails. OC Remix has a forum too, if we do some User Searching, we may just find links.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Give me a day or two, I'll get it sorted. Right now I've had one too many pints to drink to be of any use, but I'll get started on it in the morning.

I'll also get on the case with a few artists who haven't got songs on OCRemix.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Don't work to hard Kassidy! You've been doing a lot around here! Just tell us when to email the songs to you Sheexy. I'll also research this a little bit to see if I can find some contacts for these songs or something. I don't think I'll find much though. Ok, so I'll let you guys know if I find anything, I just have the songs now.
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

Kassidy wrote:Give me a day or two, I'll get it sorted. Right now I've had one too many pints to drink to be of any use, but I'll get started on it in the morning.

I'll also get on the case with a few artists who haven't got songs on OCRemix.
I'll see if I can't track down the OC Remixers. When I get the message back, and have the OK, I'll E-Mail the Songs to Sheexy.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Well, I have the songs, it's just a case of getting the go-ahead, which is what we need to contact the OCRemix site about. I know who to contact and have the list, it's just a case of putting the e-mail together, which assuming i don't have a horrendous hangover tomorrow I can get done.

If you do get a hold of any of them, make sure you post a note here saying who you have contacted about what songs so that we don't double contact them and also it'll help get through the list quicker.

And of course, thank you in advance for your help. :) 'Tis much appreciated. :)
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

So far, I've contacted only "The Wingless" for his song.
I'll hold off if you have the connections n stuff like that.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Thanks for the help Anon!

Kassidy, didn't you read my first post? You're already doing so much XD

Thanks man XD
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

I've just spoken to djpretzel and we have permission to host all the songs relating to Seiken Densetsu. The conditions obviously are:
-Files must be kept as they currently are (no renaming, retagging, etc)
-Full credits must be given to the authors, of course.
-Link to the OCRemix site, each song to the corresponding page on OCRemix.

They're uploading to the FTP now.

Anon, how good are you are writing up music descriptions?
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

Eh? Well, I don't know the in depth stuff. But I can write a lot about a song. Should I give an example?