Seiken Densetsu 3 weird baddie

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Hey guys, I need your help.

In SD3 there is a weird little gooey looking monster that Shapeshifters will sometimes turn into... can someone get me a sprite of that thing and give me some info on it?

EDIT: Also, a Secret of Mana High Stepper sprite would be much appreciated.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

The Shape Shifter state doesn't sound familiar at all... :(

And what do you mean by the High Stepper sprite?
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

The little yellow springy dudes that you can find outside of Potos or in the Emperor's Castle.

The little strange enemy might happen from a spell too... try shrinking an enemy... or something.
I dunno, I know I've seen it before though.

Looks kind of like a shell with tentacles.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Oh, do you mean the Shell Hunter's Sheexy? They do appear from using Luna's change form magic on enemies sometimes. They look kind of like clams and rarely appear in SoM. They apear a lot more in SD3. One of Lise's classes has a spell that does this too and the wall boss in Rolete also summons these guys from time to time as enemies.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Right, the High Stepper I have done.

High Stepper Static (well, his eyes blink):

High Stepper Launching, then 1 second static:

High Stepper Launching continuous:

That what you needed? As for the SD3 one... er... Dunno yet.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Oh, you meant that one. Darn, I can't find which town in SD3, but a person says that "sometimes you'll see a natural orruring mushroom called a (I can't remember the name) and if you jump on it, it will send you flying very high" or something like that.

I'll continue to search for the name and the person that says it in SD3. Once I get the name, I'll post it here if someone else doesn't before me.
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

If it's Shell Hunters we're after, use Riesz's (in Vanadis form) Freya spell on an enemy, that'll do the trick.

And this is what you get...

Is that what you're after? If you want more let me know, 'cause they're a right pain to screencap. They move WAY too fast. Then again, everything does, really. xD
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Yeah, those are the sprites I was looking for!

Thanks a ton Kassidy!

Thanks for looking up the info for me in SD3 Danny, I totally forgot to add that to the Oddball Bestiary page.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I've got it, the high stepper in SD3 is called "Banekujako". A man in Wedel tells you that before the priest gets ill.