Sheexy Test Run

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

:hof: Sheexy Test Run

Testing out the controls in a game I started probably a year ago and am just getting around to working on again.
No story or anything yet, blah blah.

Controls:

Arrow Keys:
Left and Right move you left and right...
Up does a dodge in midair.
Down ducks, push Left or Right to roll.

Hold Shift to run, or to keep yourself from rolling while ducking.
Control button jumps, hold it down to go higher.

You can slowly slide down a wall if you hold towards the wall while you are falling.
Press Control to pull a wall jump.
There are certain walls you can cling onto, if you are pushing towards the wall you will grab onto them. You can then duck, jump, or turn the other direction to stop clinging on.

Spikes kill you.
If you can time it just right you can jump or wall jump off of spikes.

Let Sheexy sit there by himself for a few seconds, it is kinda funny. He eventually falls asleep. The same thing goes for when he is holding onto a wall.

There are little letters over the place, and those are for different difficulty area. Please let me know if I rank any too easy.
Try to get to the points using these methods. You have to reach them without dying for it to count.

A- Moderate - Just move correctly midair and remember to duck.
B- Moderate - Just jump straight across to land there, or wall jump off of that place to the spike at the left and then wall jump back.
C- Starting at B - Easy - Just a few wall jumps.
D- Very Hard - Precision wall jump off of the spikes.
E- Moderate (over) Hard (under)- Either jump over or under the platform near it and wall jump off of B to get over to it.
F- Easy - Seriously, easy.
G- Moderate - Kinda gets hard in the middle. Remember to hold shift while crouching to stop yourself from doing a roll.
H- Easy.
I- Easy.
J- Very Hard - Precision jump off of the spike near E, then jump over to J. Might require a running start.

Blah blah blah. Please give it a try and lemme know what is up.
Tallon
Kimono Bird

Post by Tallon »

It's awesome! You are becoming quite the good game designer. I really like the death animation too!
Danny

Post by Danny »

Man, that was awesome! Your game came out great Sheexy! It's a lot better then those quick games that you can find on the web as trials! Way to go, Sheexy! It was done very nicely indeed!:-)
Last edited by Danny on Tue May 01, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

I love the desciption of spikes.
"They kill you"

I'll pass on wall jumping off of spikes...thats too on edge for me.