Baddie Background

Help out with the site! Suggestions and ideas go here.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

All of the FFA enemies decided to pay our site a visit!

See them in action on our new background we're testing for the main site.
I've got all of the FFA monsters on there except for one, because I could only tile an even number.
And also after staring at all those little sprites I couldn't figure out which one I skipped, haha.

Oh wait, I see it. I skipped out on the Ogre enemy.

Let us know what you think of it please!
Should it stay or go?

I kinda think it gives the site more of a game site feeling. What about you?

Maybe it is too lively and distracts you?
Maybe you just don't like it?

Spill the beans!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hmm,

I think I could get used to it. I think it makes the transition from the forums to the main site seem less drastic (you know, because of the game-rip backgrounds). I don't know, though. I can't quite recall what it was like before, but perhaps you could make the color of the baddie rips a little lighter to blend in with the background more. That way it's more like, "Oh! Look at that! Surprise!"

Nice job, though,

manaman
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

It looks good -- it blends in and doesn't call attention to itself... did you want it to? ???

And I agree with you, Sheexy, it does give the site a game feeling. Good stuff!
Last edited by Marini on Thu May 10, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Ah, great work on that FFA baddie back ground! It looks awesome and it's very fitting for the seikens home page. I also agree that it gives this site a more game feeling. Great work once again Sheexy!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

D'ah,

What the heck, I've gotten pleasantly used to the main page background. I'm not going to lie--this creature of habit often takes a while to adjust to new things. I'm very happy with the main page, though. I always did think it was a cool concept, though. I'm wondering if there might be a new forum skin in the future that is similar to the front page. No need to, but it is kinda cool.

Peace,

manaman
Danny

Post by Danny »

You can change the fourm skin in your profile and Sheexy has already made one fourm skin for SwoM, one for FFA and one for SD3. In total, I think that there's about five or six fourm skins, but your right that the seikens home page skin would also look good as a fourm skin.

The ones we have now are awesome and I remember that Sheexy said he was thinking of designing more. Hmm, a SoM one of the Pure Land would look awesome as another fourm skin!
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

manaman wrote:I'm wondering if there might be a new forum skin in the future that is similar to the front page. No need to, but it is kinda cool.
I was actually working on something like that the other day.
I'll keep messing around with stuff, I can at least do a few skins on this dumpy connection.
Danny wrote:Hmm, a SoM one of the Pure Land would look awesome as another fourm skin!
I really like this idea... I'll look into making one like that!

Thanks for the comments y'all! Glad you like the baddies!
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Danny wrote:You can change the fourm skin in your profile and Sheexy has already made one fourm skin for SwoM, one for FFA and one for SD3.
Hey,

I totally changed the default to the SD3 skin the day I signed up. I would very much like a SoM skin to use, though. The Pure Lands is a good idea, Danny.

And Sheexy, I can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

Peace,

manaman
Danny

Post by Danny »

I've got the SD3 golden road one on too. The Pure Lands does sound like a good idea for another fourm skin, thanks. It's kind of ironic that the Pure Land is filled with monsters, but that's what happens when you take out the mana sword!
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

hmm.. i dont feel like i like the new background. im not used to it. maybe i got too much of designer's eyes
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

D'ah!!!

So, I really go back and forth between really liking it and not so much (and now I feel I've been going with the tide of this thread) but I looked at it again last night and I still have a bit of a feeling that the sprites could be just a couple shades of blue lighter. I think the concept is spot on--especially with the rest of the site--but I would like the sprites to be more subtle. . . .

I dunno--wait 'til tomorrow and I'll say something different,

manaman
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Trying out a lighter version of it.

What do y'all think about this one?
Danny

Post by Danny »

I don't know if it's just me, but it's kind of harder to see the FFA monsters. Hmm, this one's good too, but I kind of liked the darker version more.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Maybe somewhere inbetween those two?
I'll just keep toying with it until it works XD

Leaving the lighter one up a bit longer though.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Sheexy,

I think it's PERFECT! It's just a little more subtle and it makes the front page not feel so cluttered yet it gives a nice tiled video game look. My personal opinion would be to not touch it, but if more people side with Danny, I would suggest not going back to the same darkness as before.

Right now it's flawless!

manaman