Echoes

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

Its a series I've been working on for about 7 years. Though it hasn't really taken the shape of a story or visual novel. Mainly I've been working on characters and other such things. Most of the time, its random tidbits and extremely minor things. But I hope it'll one day take shape. Anywho, I've divided it into 6 Main Stories each with 4-6 chapter/parts within them. With one Gaiden Story.

Echoes: Symphony of Creation
Part1: A New Dawn
Part2: Dark Days Ahead
Part3: Bathing in Light
Part4: Revival of the Savior
Part5: Gatekeeper's Wrath
Part6: To Become a God

Echoes: Heaven's Darkest Child
Part1: Runes of Origins
Part2: Destiny without Directions
Part3: The Gatekeeper and the Whisperer
Part4: Living Once More
Part5: Hell's Keeper

Echoes: For Hope and Sin
Part1: The Creator
Part2: Guiding Light
Part3: The Defiler
Part4: The Destroyer
Final Part: Beyond Truth

Echoes: Trial of the Innocent Sinner
Part1: A New World
Part2: Written in Blood
Part3: Poisens of the Mind
Part4: For an Ethereal Light

Echoes: Testaments of the Forgotten
Part1: Undying Invincible Earth
Part2: Infinte and Graceful Wind
Part3: Empty Glass Soul of Ice
Part4: Keeper of the Brave Flame
Part5: Safeguard of Origins
Part6: The Gatekeeper
Part7: The Destroyer, And the Truth
Part8: The Final Conflict Draws Near

Echoes: The Promise is Given
Part1: Believe
Part2: Hope is Lost
Part3: Hold Your Soul on Tightly
Part4: Crisis in the Heavens
Part5: To Challenge the will of Heaven
Part6: Clash in the Sea of Hatred
Part7: Unforgiven
Final: Till the End of Time

Echoes*Gaiden*: Call of the Great Aybss
Part1: Spirits of Legend
Part2: Messenger of the High Seraph
Part3: Origins Within
Part4: Rebirth of Evil
Part5: For Hope and Sin Once More.
Part6: Endless Dreams
Part7: Saints in the Dark
Part8: Speak the Forbidden
Final: Legendary Duel

MAIN CHARACTERS
-DISCLAIMER-
Ahead, there will be many many religious references, if you are offended by such things, do not read any further for the sole purpose of flaming me.

NOTES
People in Norsadia(the fictional world all this stuff takes place in) hold extreme longevity. Those whom have displayed unimaginable longevity (living up to 1000 years) are known as Seraphim. Not only that, but due to their genetic makeup, being very similar to that of Anceint Dragons, they possess the ability to regenerate(Cell reproduction is 10,000 times faster than that of a normal human) Also, the Characters guide may contain massive spoilers, *usually at the end of the character's profile*

Sol Artemis Brathamanine
Race: Seraphim
Height: 6'0
Weight: 154lbs
Fighting Style: Counter Style that uses his own body to leave enemies open
First Appearance: Echoes-Symphony of Creation Part 1

Sol is the 7th king of the Huria Nations Alliance, a large formation of many smaller nations. He is the son of the greatest king Huria has ever known, bringing them many years of prosperity until a war; later to be known as the Holy Conflict broke out. In the ensuing chaos, Sol's father Virleon was killed. Sol, being only 191 at the time was forced to take on the responsibilities of the Huria Nations Alliance. His rule has had many mixed feelings on its results, but most feel he will become a truely noble leader.
During his youth, Sol spent very little time outside. And what time he did, he was learning Elder Magics, or bettering his mediocre swordsmanship. Sol enlisted into the Hurian Army at the age of 11, and climbed through the ranks, easily overpowering his senior officers until Virleon's righthand man Arkks Hraslvegr defeated him. Upon this, Sol reduced his studies of Elder Magics, and began to focus on his swordsmanship.
After becoming king, Sol created a military system that would ensure that something like this never happened again. He seems to uknowningly hold feelings for Linna. Though he is often torn between protecting her, and protecting his own valuable life.

Linna Reali Kinaria
Race: Unknown (Appears Human)
Height: 5'3
Weight: 99lbs
Fighting Style: None

A young girl shrouded in mystery. She is taken in by Sol when he discoverd her wandering the stormy plains of Justrats(A province in Huria). She has no memory of her past, or how she came to be in Justrats. She holds a shining power within her, one that she does not know how to use. While being a human, she recieves good treatment from the Seraphim, whom were incorrectly accused of shunning other races. She seeks to build a bridge, so that others can learn that the Seraphim are not violent.

Arkks Aegis Hraslvegr
Race: Unknown(Appears Seraphim)
Height: 7'2
Weight: 311lbs
Fighting Style: 4handed Sword combined with a self taught style

Arkks is the oldest living being on Norsadia. He dates back to the formation of the Great Alliance, an army of Seraphim bent on ousting the Gaias from their homeland. He strongly denies that he is over 10,000 years old and claims that his family is Soul Locked, a spiritual illness that kills the child of a family and replaces them with a perfect copy of the Father. Whatever may be, he is extremely skilled, his face bearing many scars from past fights. Though he is probably one of the most powerful men alive, he prefers to work things out peacefully. Most are put off by his massive stature, and his reputation as being one of the most brutal fighters alive, though in Linna's words "Arkks is like a...a big dog! He seems scary, but he's actually really sweet!"

Kreanok Ronginus Jehova
Race: Supreme God
Height: 6'3 (usually)
Weight: 199lbs (usually)
Fighting Style: Self Taught
First Appearance: Echoes- For Hope and Sin Part 1

The first, the last. The beggining, the end. Kreanok created everything. Because he created reality he cannot be defeated, which is something to be expected. Where he began to exist is anyone's guess. Kreanok's first attempt at a free will was Airos Lucifius, which failed. His second attempt produced a very austere persona, but was still a persona nevertheless. His next notable creation was Sanctus Heim, the first thinker of evil thoughts.
The scars on Kreanok's forehead are not from Sanctus, but were from his unstable anti-thesis Anima, which he had to destroy.

Juste Templar Legen
Race: Human
Height: 5'6
Weight: 121lbs
Fighting Style: Legen styled Double Sword
First Appearance: Echoes-Trial of the Innocent Sinner Part 1

Juste is the apprentice of the master swordsman Kaine Legen, who found him unconcious on the plains of Thendra. With no last name of his own, he took on Kaine's and has lived a very difficult, but happy life. He is a luetenant in the orginazation called Merc, an orginsation bent on defeating the Hunters, a 'ravenous' kind of people whom are multitudes stronger than humans. Reguardless of that fact, Juste is able to keep up with them rather well. He is also best friends with Kaine's other apprentice, Constantine Shadestorm.

Constantine Shadestorm
Race: Human/Daemon
Height: 5'11
Weight: 132lbs
Fighting Style: Self-Taught style mixed with Legen Styled Longsword.
First Appearance: Echoes-Trial of the Innocent Sinner Part 2

Juste's best friend, and his direct superior in Merc. He is the second in command, only Dennant Admantine is higher ranked. Constantine has a horrific past, one that he refuses to reveal to anyone, even Juste. He was recruited by Kaine after Constantine tried to kill him, in a random act of theft. Seeing potential, as well as an already near souless boy, he took him in with the intent of teaching him the brutal Legen Styled Longsword, which Constantine masted easily, and even improved on to suit his specific sword style.

Kaine Legen
Race: Unknown
Height: 6'2
Weight: 175lbs
Fighting Style: Various
First Appearance: Echoes-Trial of the Innocent Sinner Part 1

A warrior beyond all legends. His skills transended the ages, and gave birth to one of the main strings of fighting. Though the skills through true mastery are kept only for his personal pupils. He resides near Seig, the largest city in Brakzart.

THE BOOK OF BEGGININGS
Echoes equivalant to the bible. A lot of it is written oddly, but its imparative that you understand it for the last Parts in For Hope and Sin.

Verse 1 of Truth: He who holds no father. He who knows no father. He who holds all in the palm of my hand. He seeks to learn all, and does so. This fragmented mind gave birth to another fragmented mind. A psalm and testament for the first new thought. The Axis of Fate was given shape, and the creator gave himself a name. Kreanok.

Verse 2 of Truth: Heaven was forged with an iorn darkness. But darkness gives birth to the light. Held in his palm, the light grew wings. And the first angel was born. His austere scowl made the creator smile. He took notes of his mistakes, yet left the angel to himself.

Verse 3 of Truth: The second angel grew to the creator's liking. He smiled with a pure mirth about him, and was quickly drawn to the first. This new existance gave birth to happiness, and joy. With exitment growing, the creator began to forge souls, canisters for feelings. Hand in hand with the Axis of Fate, he forged the art of birth and from the Axis, the Universe was truely born.

Verse 4 of Truth: The mortal worlds flourished. Eden was a true world of happiness. Its protector was an odd light, one that dimmed on occasion. But as all good things come to an end, the odd light wispered into the ears of the foolish mortals known as Seraphim. And thus the War for Heaven began. The Creator, racked with guilt, took it upon himself to take on the whisperer of dark thoughts.

Final Verse of Truth: Conflict of angels, it lasted for an eternity. The whisperer of dark thoughts, he held within his hand the Axis of Fate itself, forged into a sword. The blade called Etheria held as much power as the creator's blade. It was a battle, one that would end all reality. And in that moment, the creator forged an alternate. The Ether Realm was finally forged, a place for gods to do battle. Within that sphere, the Creator defeated the Whisperer. And with that, Kreanok created the End of Light. And with that, he created a being that could kill him.

PLACES OF IMPORTANCE

Jestrast -Home of the Seraphim-
Vineon: Castle town, the capital of the Hurian Alliance. The name was changed in memory of Virleon Brathamine, who was hailed as one of Huria's greatest kings. It is currently under the rule of Sol Brathamanine.

Orezen: Largest town in the Hurian Alliance. It is also known to be a military stronghold, as many of the Grand Generals reside there. Its relatively close to Vineon so its an extremely popular center of trade. The current Magister of the town is Nisroch Coronine

Kelicta: A town renowned for the largest collections of books. It holds texts even older than Seraphic Culture itself. Many such books were sealed away by the Church of Aguelus, fearing their goddess would be doubted. Its also rumored that Virleon sealed his longsword, Claihm Solais in this town.

Brakzart -Home of the Humans-

Seig: The largest city in Brakzart. It holds many sealed treasures, many of which are divine in nature. It has since drawn many a person. Though those foolish enough to travel into the depths of its underground catacombs are usually found mutilated beyond recognition. Its current magister is Regal Arna.

Fafnir: A small town of 'heretics' whom study the strongest branch of magics, Arc Magics. It is said to be so mighty, that it can challenge the gods. Which is why it is called a heretic town. Many people have vouched for its destruction, though no Magister has taken any action against them.

Valkyr: A moderate sized town, in which many glory-seeking mercanaries go to find the most dangerous of assignments. It is reguarded as the sister city of Seig, despite being nowhere near it. There is no Magister in this town of thugs.

CHARACTER EXAMPLES
This section is devoted to "Getting the Character's personality out there". Its simply short Colon Speak chats between them.

~Why don't you go out more?~
Linna: Sol?
Sol: hm?
Linna: You've...been staring at me for a while.
Sol:...
Linna: Is there something on my face?
Sol: You seem pale.
Linna: Huh?
Sol: You've lost some color again.
Linna: O-oh...
Sol: I don't think you're getting sick...so maybe...
Linna: Maybe what?
Sol: You should go outside more often.
Linna: Huh? Why?
Sol:...Why not?
Linna:...well...Thats my problem...
Sol: You're not making any sense...
Linna: Ah...
Sol: Just go outside more.
Linna: A-alright!

~Something in my room!~
Linna: AAAAAAAAAAAH!
Arkks: Linna!? What's wrong?
Linna: Uh...n-nothing!
Arkks: Don't fib to me, child. I'm not stupid.
Linna:...Oh...okay. Well...there was...this boy, and he had blonde hair, and--
Arkks: Say no more. I know what it is. Its the ghost of Sol's former self.
Linna: W-wha...?
Arkks: Its complicated, child. Best I tell you in the morning, when you're not about to nod off.
Linna:...Thank you Sir Arkks.
Arkks: Just doing my job milady.
Last edited by Anon on Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Wow,

Cool--so, are we to await something along the lines of chapters in the coming days or did I miss a link somewhere in your post. Reading your Table of Contents looked really promising, though. Thanks for sharing.

Peace,

manaman
Marini
Zombie

Post by Marini »

Ohh, sounds intriguing. Bring on the characters! :-)
Danny

Post by Danny »

It sounds great! I can't wait to hear more about the characters and story.^_^
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

I haven't really mapped out the timeline yet, which is extremely important when dealing with characters who live for over a thousand years. So I can't really start posting the story yet. My friends have also said it'd make a much better manga than a story, so I may try a manga once I'm more skilled at drawing.

*Updated Character Section! Beware of spoilers if you want to wait for the whole thing to come out!*
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

Added a Book of Begginings section