Several Seiken Densetsu 3 Guide books?

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Meph
Rabite

Post by Meph »

Hello Seikens, I plan to design a translated Seiken Densetsu 3 Guidebook if that has not been done by somebody else so far.

On the gallery I noticed this picture:

Could someone of you please explain me the differences of these guide books?
I could order the 2nd from the left and I want to use it for scans and such, so I can make a really nice guide thats different from those textfile walkthroughs you find on various gaming websites.

Do these guidebooks have different covers but the same content?
How comes there are multiple guidebooks?

Tell us all you know about those books.
Thanks.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

Not mine..... Deques or Sheexy perhaps.....
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Top left is just your run-of-the-mill Seiken Densetsu 3 guidebook. It covers all the info in the game, but not as in-depth as...

The second two books in the top row are in a set together.
The blue one is simply a walkthrough. All it has is information on beating the game. Tons of text and a few tiny pictures, information on bosses is here too.
The green one has tons of information on items, weapons and armor (There are drawings of almost all of the weapons, armor and items). It also details magic and class changing and stuff, not to mention it has information on all of the normal enemies (no bosses though).

That big book on the far right is a Piano book with tracks from FFA, SoM and SD3.

The Prolouge book down there with Flammie is kind of an introduction to the game. It gives backstories on the characters and places, as well as gives some information on a few enemies, bosses, items and some class changing stuff. It also comes with a collectable card game thingy.

Basically, if you want to make a guide for the game you need the one on the top left OR you need to get both the blue and green one.

Personally I'd try to get both the blue and green one for writing a guide, because that is where the real info is gonna be.
Meph
Rabite

Post by Meph »

Thanks Sheexy, that information was indeed helpful.
Since I already ordered the Blue Walkthrough I will keep my eyes open for the Green Item and Monster Descriptions. Guess it won't be easy to find the missing book, I just accidentally stumbled over the first one in eBay.
I'd be glad if anyone who has that green book could supply scans so I could show these to a friend who could translate it.