WarCraft III World Editor / Making Maps

Show off your mad skills and exchange creative tips.

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

Do you make maps yourself? Got experience with Triggers?
I've made some and am busy with a new one, this one:

Ruined Ruins

It's not finished yet and you'll need the The Frozen Throne expension pack. In the middle is an area, with four gates that will go invunerable when entering. A message will appear, saying "[username] has activated the curse!". The gates cannot be opened, unless a unit stands on a specific spot to open one of the gates. If the unit leaves the spot, the gate closes again. This also makes the area in the middle into a great spot to build a base.

Very interesting map with Triggers, and i've never made such a large map before. This is a 160x160 map.
I've made some other maps before, which can be found: here. I'll post a link with this map (Ruined Ruines) when it's finished. I've already spend over 3 hours in this map.

The story behind this map?
In the ruines of a forgotten king is still a treasure hidden. Can you take the treasure, lift the curse and defeat your oponents?
That's it in two sentences. In the old days, a king build his castle here in the middle of the river so he and his people would always have fresh water. In the south and the north were the abilities to build a base with a great defense system.

Please tell me what you think of this map so far!! please!

EDIT:
got it here: clicky
143kb download.

1) You'll need the The Frozen Throne expension pack
2) The map is not finished, but it works fine without bugs
3) Nicer to play against friends than the bots
4) I'll try to turn this map into a normal WarCraft III map (So you don't need the The Frozen Throne expension pack).
Last edited by Kefka on Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

うはwwwwww, at first I read World of Warcraft World Editor. silly me, instead it was Warcraft 3 :P
I have to read more carefully, it happens to all the time

anyway. the map seems nice. i dont have WC3 and TFT installed so I cant try this map. besides i dont have any other to play this with :(
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

hurray! a response!
thanx Wai!! :D
SpikeyBeast
Rabite

Post by SpikeyBeast »

Hello. I'm new here.

I like playing warcraft 3 FT and making the maps too! If you want, Kyatto, try visiting and joining at wc3wet.proboards80.com. It's fairly new, so there's only 2 members, I think. You can talk about Warcraft there, too!
rrfish
Kimono Bird

Post by rrfish »

Kyatto,

I will download the map and try it out sometime this weekend. It looks pretty sweet. :cool:
Last edited by rrfish on Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kefka
Whimper

Post by Kefka »

enjoy it.
I think it's finished anyway. And thank your for showint interest :)