Michael Moore's Sicko

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

The trailer for Sicko has been released, providing a preview of controversial filmmaker Michael Moore's attack on the American health care system. The documentary points out that for being the richest country in the world, the US ranks shockingly low in health care coverage, coming in just above Slovenia. Of course, as usual, Moore skews the facts, failing to mention how we absolutely pummel Slovenia in total X-Boxes sold.
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/05/_the ... _sicko.php

Your gonna have to click the link to watch the preview, i'm terrible at trying to get proper movie/clip links to work.

Otherwise, this movie seems interesting from my point of view, just because i'm so used to our health-care system.
Not saying i'm pro-Moore, but rather this just seems interesting.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Michael Moore is a blithering idiot.
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

Enslaven00bs wrote:Michael Moore is a blithering idiot.
Seconded. Sorry to have nothing else to add. I don't know much about health care given that I have very good coverage from my job and I never, ever use it because I've never had any serious illness or injury and avoid hospitals like the plague. My wife has a serious condition, actually, but it isn't the kind of thing that medical doctors know much about, so our dismal experiences with her own care really have more to do with sheer lack of knowledge and such. But if it's coming from Moore, I have to immediately assume that it's being written for ignoble reasons and doesn't deserve a second thought.