Dawn of Mana final boss fight-Normal

Mana not on your side? Ask here and we'll help out!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Noblewine
Iffish

Post by Noblewine »

I'm having trouble on Strouds second form. Does anybody have any tips on defeating him. Also sorry if this is on the wrong section.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Well,

If I remember correctly, you're referring to Stroud while he's corrupted entirely by Thanatos and all of the flowers are about in the chamber. I remember that something that helped me was to always keep my healing magic selected unless I was about to destroy a flower in which case I would select the magic that allows you to deal out quick attacks (I'm sorry, I forgot the name at the moment).

Whenever possible, I tried to run along the stairs and the platforms far away from Stroud while jumping repeatedly so as to dodge the attacks that he fires at you and that splatter covering a lot of ground. When attacking flowers, try going in for a couple shots at a time and then run away. You'll be able to backtrack but any life you use or magic you consume is life and magic that you can't spare.

Of course, I'm sure others will be able to offer more and better tips, but perhaps this will get you started. :)

Good luck!

manaman
Noblewine
Iffish

Post by Noblewine »

Okay Also I have a feeling that if I have trouble on his first form. That's the one I usually waste of lot of Faye's magic healing. Got any tips on that as well. Thanks.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Good point,

Well, I would say the best thing is to just go in there and bash the living bugger out of him. Make sure you're ready with your block if need be. Um. . . . I know there were some other things that helped but, to tell you the truth, I just got lucky with Stroud's first form. He went down much easier than he should have. I would also limit yourself in using Faye's magic in his first form. If you can do it, try not to use it at all. If you die, it means you will have less to have to do again if you save your magic for later. By the way, what level are you at going in at? Magic and whip? It really would help to have high HP and MP meters going in. A good whip level will help later, as well.

Good luck!

manaman
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

Actually I'd say the opposite. Second form doesn't need as much magic as the first because you get some health from the flowery things, plus he doesn't really hit you as often. Just keep yourself alive. Before the flower things start really going, use hexorbs.
Last edited by Quemaqua on Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manaman
Spikey Tiger

Post by manaman »

Hmmm,

Point well taken and noted. I guess I was going for the fact that if you go into the second form with plenty of magic, you'd be in good shape for the second form. Still, you're right, the second form does have health and magic in the flowers.

Peace,

manaman
Noblewine
Iffish

Post by Noblewine »

Thanks.