Saddest moments in television

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Ok people, in this thread we try to one-up one another with sad moments in TV.
If you can post a video to go with it that'd be good.

I submit this:

Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

I laughed.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I remember seeing this Futurama espisode and many others. It was kind of sad, but the stuff in animes create a larger emotional response so it didn't really effect me that much. For example in Gundam Seed/Destiny when some charaters die, its pretty sad indeed and makes most people to feel choked up or even to make them cry. Most of the time it makes me just feel bad, but I've gotten choked up in really sad animes too, but never bad enough as to cause me to cry. I have seen it happen though mostly to girls.

Okay, here's one sad moment from Gundam Seed/Destiny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzo_r-u8BOkNote: I deleted my last post and re-wrote what I've said to not double post.
Last edited by Danny on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

Faalstar wrote:I laughed.
Haaa, so did I.

Oh, Danny. Do not bring Anime into this. I'll pwnrape all of Seikens with Kanon sadscenes, or maybe even AiR.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Anon wrote:
Faalstar wrote:I laughed.
Haaa, so did I.

Oh, Danny. Do not bring Anime into this. I'll pwnrape all of Seikens with Kanon sadscenes, or maybe even AiR.
I can't see how that was funny in Futurama, but I guess it doesn't matter.

Heh, you really think you can find more sad moments in animes then me? I'll post some videos so sad that it will make everyone want to kill themselfs in saddness. Mwahaha... Wait that's not funny it's depressive! Anyways, it's a clip of this guy that gets all his sisters killed in front of him by bandits. And finally he kills all of them and when he kills the last one, he was blinded by something and also kills his last sister alive that cuts an "x" in her brother's face before she dies. Very, very sad, espcially since I first saw it when I was only five years old!
Anon
Kimono Bird

Post by Anon »

Thats more brutal than sad, if you ask me. Sudden things don't really bother me. But like, for instance, Aeris dying. That bother'd me, but only because I grew to love her character. Really depends on what yanks the waterworks.

Though I seriously doubt anything you can throw at me will actually make me cry.
Danny

Post by Danny »

I didn't say I could make you cry, but I could throw something here that will make you feel sad for sure. Animes have the best ability to invoke feelings to it's watchers and fans the most out of all other programs on T.V. Same with manga compared to other types of books.

In the end it does matter how much you like the characters and watch the animes. If I don't really like an anime, I don't watch so the tons I like are all favorites of mine. Well most anyways. I might not post the videos I was talking about because their also very violente as I said and I wouldn't want to break the fourms rules nor make younger members to feel bad. It's the same with most endings in the Fullmetal Alchemist. Anime's getting bloodier, strange.
Last edited by Danny on Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.