Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Does anyone else love this show?

I am amazed Kassidy hasn't seen it.

Anyways, for those of you who don't know what it is here you go:

These two dudes are crazy and they have done all this work in movies and commercials and other junk and they are super smart too so they put all of these urban legends and myths to the test to see if there is any truth behind them
Also, they usually do some research, but that isn't the fun part.

The fun part is when they test the myths and there is usually an explosion.

Buster their test dummy is awesome. My hero.

Anyone else watch it?
Got any favorite myths they busted?

I like most of the gun ones, those are pretty destructive. The shooting bullets into the water myth was really cool.

Also, the one where they tried to clean out a cement truck with dynamite was pretty amazing... they really overkilled it there at the end XD
kaze_no_hogosha
Water Thug

Post by kaze_no_hogosha »

My dad and I watch Mythbusters and we love it.

I like the specials that they do, like when they did that Jaws special for Shark Week or the ninja special. I'd have to say I agree with you on the Bulletproof Water, I would say that is one of my favorites.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Yes, I watch it sometimes on Discovery channel. It's a pretty good and interesting show. The concrete planes test, tools used by spies in movies, etc. I try to watch it when I can, but I don't always know when it's since the timing for it is pretty random. That and I don't always have time to watch it.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

The second punch line is that Adam had that printed on one of the T-shirts he always wears.

I think my favorite is when they tested all the ways movie scripts had people breaking into high-security places (that or Steam Cannon). Rob Lee (US Narrator) is hilarious in this one.

From Wikiquote:

Adam: I think Jamie's just going to be like {mimicking Jamie's impending crawl up the duct with magnets} "CHUNG!" "CHUNG!" "CHUNG!" And I believe, in a security manual the proper response to that sound coming from your duct is to just riddle your duct with bullets.
Rob Lee (US Narrator): With Grant and Kari heading up security, bullet riddling is unlikely. But with Tory {who is making pseudo-ninja poses at the camera}… you never know.

Rob Lee (US Narrator): (said as Jamie begins his ascent in the ductwork) Here's some key phrases from the surreptitious entry heist manual: Be the breeze {clang} As light as a feather {clang} The foot fall of a kitten {clang}.
Last edited by Magus_Melchior on Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faalstar
Site Admin

Post by Faalstar »

Kari Byron <3.
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

I watch it along with Dirty Jobs. Two best shows on TV in my opinion.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Enslaven00bs wrote:I watch it along with Dirty Jobs. Two best shows on TV in my opinion.
There is nothing wrong with this comment.
In fact.
It is one of the most correct comments in the world.

Two reasons I watch TV XD

I considered making this topic about both of them XD
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

Sheexy wrote:
Enslaven00bs wrote:I watch it along with Dirty Jobs. Two best shows on TV in my opinion.
There is nothing wrong with this comment.
In fact.
It is one of the most correct comments in the world.

Two reasons I watch TV XD

I considered making this topic about both of them XD
Dirty Jobs makes me respect the working class. Mythbusters makes me respect crazy people :P
Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Sheexy wrote:I am amazed Kassidy hasn't seen it.
You have to remember:
-I don't have US TV.
-I don't have Sky or Freeview UK which might show it.
-I don't have a TV, full-stop. xDD

I will be looking it up on Youtube today though. ;)

Here in the UK we have to pay for a TV license. You can't own a TV in the house without paying an annual license fee of over £100 (that's $200+), and that's just to get your basic terrestrial channels, then it's more on top of that to get Sky or whatever.

Conversation with the TV Licensing Agency not long ago.
"Hello, could i speak to Mr. --------"
No, they don't live here anymore.
"Oh, well either way, we have noticed that you do not have a TV License at your address."
That's correct.
"Could I ask you why?"
Yes.
"... Why then, sir?"
We don't have a TV.
"You don't have a TV? *shock*"
That's correct.
"You do not have a TV, or any mobile devices or PCs that are capable of receiving a tererstrial TV signal? *shock growing*"
Not as far as I am aware, and I would be.
"Oh. Well as a routine check we will be sending someone round to confirm this fact."
Fine, when would you like to book an appointment?
"No, we come unannounced."
Your funeral.

Sadly they never turned up. Could be because we're never at home, or several other reasons I won't disclose here just now. They did send us a letter saying that if we ever did get a TV, here's the form to get a license and avoid a £1000 penalty. Such considerate sods.
Dr. Sheexy
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Sheexy »

Wow, a TV tax?
That's a brilliant idea really.

But that'd make so many people mad here in the states XD
DeadWolf
Spikey Tiger

Post by DeadWolf »

If I had to pay a TV tax then I would expect to have free plasma screens.
Quemaqua
Silktail

Post by Quemaqua »

A TV license? You're kidding me. That just makes me want to punch somebody in the head. That's the most <ZOMGEXPLETIVE!>ed thing I've ever heard of.

EDIT - Heh, I got carried away. I should add that yes, I love Mythbusters. I don't want it regularly, but whenever I do I love it. Also, I totally want that guy's mustache.
Last edited by Quemaqua on Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Here in Canada and the U.S we think that a T.V tax is crazy but in most of Europe they think that a fishing license is a strange thing to have like we do here. It all matters on what your used to, but geez can't something good be free or at least cheap for a change?

I also watch dirty jobs on Discovery channel somewhat more then Mythbusters because I know the timings better. Their both actually pretty interesting and humerous shows.
Last edited by Danny on Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
elfquenvik
Lullabud

Post by elfquenvik »

I love Mythbusters, I love any episode with teslah myths. I aslo like cash cab, I wach it with my bf and somtimes I get the ansers before the pepole on the show does, but hes better at it then me. Like during shark week they did a show where it was shark related trivia, he is from Florida so he got a lot of the answers.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

@Kassidy: Um, ouch. $2000+ for refusing a license that you never use? That's a WTF if I ever saw one. I suppose you could try to find DVDs of the show (but they cost an arm, a leg, and your firstborn).

@Sheexy: Actually, if they implemented a TV tax, it'd probably only work as part of the purchase of the set or snuck into the cable/satellite bills. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure they do this already, the telcoms do it to our phone bills.

People would get mad to actually do something about the careers of their Congress-critters iff they were forced into poverty because of the tax.

Sorry, rant over. (I gotta stop listening to Lewis Black)

Back on topic: "Well, hopefully, that's our job…to strap rockets onto everything!"