Mythbusters!

Multimedia discussion fun for all!

Moderators: Faalstar, Kefka

Kassidy
Site Admin

Post by Kassidy »

Yeah, it is rather extorcionate. People are not happy with it, and I think we're the only country in Europe to have the scheme. If you ever see a van with a spinning roof-rack driving round the Midlands, that's one of them looking for evaders.
Magus_Melchior
Grave Bat

Post by Magus_Melchior »

I suppose there's always the rogue moron who slips episodes on Youtube and the like...
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

I used to watch Mythbusters, It's a good series. I still see it now and then, I guess after seeing it a few years it looses its attraction ^^

~~~~
About taxes thingy >.<

@Kassidy: TV license include a computer as well >.<

@US/Canadian peeps: I don't know about the rest of Europe, but in Sweden you pay taxes for everything. For TV/Radio, dog taxes, car taxes, gas taxes (in Sweden gas cost 7 dollars a gallon) and so on. Even if you win a big LCD-TV you have to pay a certain % of the value of the TV as "winning" taxes.
Not long ago if you had a lot of money you had to pay extra taxes for having so much money >.< (they just recently took this away, but will probably come back in a few years again).
Danny

Post by Danny »

Ailise wrote:I don't know about the rest of Europe, but in Sweden you pay taxes for everything. For TV/Radio, dog taxes, car taxes, gas taxes (in Sweden gas cost 7 dollars a gallon) and so on. Even if you win a big LCD-TV you have to pay a certain % of the value of the TV as "winning" taxes.
Not long ago if you had a lot of money you had to pay extra taxes for having so much money >.< (they just recently took this away, but will probably come back in a few years again).
Yes but, Sweden also gets a lot more free services like health care where as the U.S and it's cheap taxes don't. Canada has high taxes yet we only get a few services for free... Heh, in Romania, all of health care as well as most other services are for free and our taxes are also very low. 8)

As for Mythbusters, they're starting to air it less and less now-a-days. It's obvious that they're planning to take it out for some new show. They always do that... I'm watching as much as possible before it's gone. I have some recorded cassettes with it though.
Tsurayu
Spikey Tiger

Post by Tsurayu »

I used to watch it while I still had the Discovery Channel, but I only have basic cable anymore, so I can't say I'd be depressed if it disappeared. That is unless I pick up full cable again. <.<
Deques
$("#Wai").stupidfy();

Post by Deques »

Even that we have a lot free services nothing is free. We pay tax to get free treatment. The tax money goes through a system that is corrupted to all kind of services.
Its good, not perfect though
Ailise
Site Admin

Post by Ailise »

No system is ever perfect. Even we are not perfect... or this forum... hmm... I feel weird today =/